Trabaja con nosotros
POSICIÓN VACANTE: Editor multimedia | OPEN POSITION: Multimedia Editor
Efecto Naím is looking for a bilingual multimedia editor for its DC-based show. Candidate must be fluent in Spanish and have video-editing experience. The multimedia editor will be responsible for editing various segments of the show and having it ready to air before the weekly deadline. The editor will also be expected to pitch stories on a weekly basis and will be given the opportunity to write documentary-style news reports.
This is an entry-level position great for anyone with an interest in documentary-style reporting, film or broadcast journalism. We’re looking for someone who takes initiative and wants to explore new ways to deliver visual products. Knowledge of international current events and economic, social, and political trends is a must. Any experience covering Latin American topics is a plus.
- Manage entire post-production process of multiple video projects
- Video and audio editing of show segments for weekly deadline
- Assist producers in pre-production and production during shoots
- Manage video and other show content on storage platforms
- Troubleshoot issues within editing systems along with engineering support
- Write original stories, when assigned, and generate ideas for weekly show
- Coordinate broadcast transmissions for all affiliates and for social media platforms
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or at least five years equivalent work experience
- Fluent in written and oral Spanish
- Knowledge of and experience with Adobe Premiere or similar non-linear video editing system is a must!
- A strong understanding of visual storytelling techniques
- Strong skills with Google Apps (Gmail, Google Docs and Drive),Microsoft Office applications (Word and Outlook), and social media.
- Videography experience a plus
- Experience in After Effects and Photoshop is a plus
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
Please send a resume, cover letter, and either a link to your video portfolio or 1-3 work samples that display editing/reporting acumen to email@example.com
Please specify what role you played and how you contributed in each work sample provided. We’re hoping to hire someone by the second week of January, 2020.
PASANTÍA: Asistente de producción | INTERNSHIP: Production assistant
Efecto Naím is looking for a bilingual, part-time production assistant to join its Washington D.C. team. Ideal candidates are ambitious, incredibly proactive, and creative individuals who want to be part of a small team that is looking to re-invent smart Spanish language television.
Duties may include conducting research, writing scripts, booking interviews, assisting during shoots, finding and editing footage, transcription and translation, and social media. The production assistant internship will provide the opportunity to work closely with the producers of the show and participate in every aspect of production.
- Fluency in writing and speaking in Spanish and English.
- Being a full time student or recent graduate of a college or graduate school.
- Strong teamwork/communication skills.
- Encourages others’ ideas; the kind of person you want in a brainstorm.
- Conceptual thinker and research-driven.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Deadline- and detail-oriented.
- Adobe Premiere experience is highly preferred but not required.
- This position is part time and unpaid.
Intern must be able to come to our studio in downtown Washington D.C. To apply, please send a cover letter outlining your skills, your resume, and a two-page writing sample and/or reel to Alexandra Colón-Amil at firstname.lastname@example.org
¿Quieres escribir para EFECTO NAÍM? | Want to write for EFECTO NAÍM?
Trabajamos con periodistas y escritores en todo el mundo, quienes producen reportajes para Efecto Naím. Si te interesa colaborar con nosotros, envía tu hoja de vida y muestras de tu trabajo a Alexandra Colón-Amil: email@example.com.
We work with freelance journalists and writers from around the world who produce reports for the show. If you’re interested in collaborating with us, please send your resume and samples of your work to Alexandra Colón-Amil at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More about Efecto Naím:
Efecto Naím is a weekly Spanish-language TV show hosted and directed by Moisés Naím, and broadcasted in the US and 20 other countries. The show includes features about global affairs, technology, and economics, as well as interviews with some of the world’s most powerful and influential people – from heads of state to academics and entrepreneurs.
Our host, Moisés Naím is the former Editor in Chief of Foreign Policy, a Senior Fellow at Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, a regular contributor to El País and The Atlantic. Dr. Naím is the author of several books, including The End of Power, which was Mark Zuckerberg’s first choice to open his online book club.