Efecto Naím is looking for a bilingual multimedia editor for its DC-based show. Candidate must be fluent in Spanish and have video-editing experience. The multimedia editor will be responsible for editing various segments of the show and having it ready to air before the weekly deadline. The editor will also be expected to pitch stories weekly and be given the opportunity to write documentary-style news reports.
This is an entry-level position great for anyone with an interest in documentary-style reporting, film or broadcast journalism.
We’re looking for someone who takes initiative and wants to explore new ways to deliver visual products. Knowledge of international current events and economic, social, and political trends is a must. Any experience covering Latin American topics is a plus.
ABOUT EFECTO NAÍM
Efecto Naím is a Spanish-language TV show hosted and directed by Moisés Naím, one of Latin America’s most renowned thinkers. http://moisesnaim.com/bio/
The show features documentary-style reports and exclusive interviews with decision-makers and trendsetters, from Christine Lagarde to Martha Stewart, from Tom Friedman to Larry Summers. It airs on Sundays at 9pm on NTN24 in the U.S. and all of Latin America. It is also distributed by a variety of channels including Telemundo Internacional, RCN Colombia and RPP Perú. Our videos (in English and Spanish) are featured online in major media outlets around the world including The Atlantic, Spain’s El País, Chile’s La Tercera, and Venezuela’s El Nacional. https://efectonaim.net
- Manage entire post-production process of multiple video projects
- Video and audio editing of show segments for weekly deadline
- Assist producers in pre-production and production during shoots.
- Manage video and other show content on storage platforms.
- Troubleshoot issues within editing systems along with engineering support.
- Write original stories , when assigned, and generate ideas for weekly show.
- Coordinate broadcast transmissions for all affiliates and for social media platforms.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or at least five years equivalent work experience
- Fluent in written and oral Spanish
- Knowledge of and experience with Adobe Premiere or similar non-linear video editing system is a must!
- A strong understanding of visual storytelling techniques.
- Strong skills with Google Apps (Gmail, Google Docs and Drive),Microsoft Office applications (Word and Outlook), and social media.
- Videography experience a plus.
- Experience in After Effects and Photoshop is a plus.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
Please send a resume, cover letter, and either a link to your video portfolio or 1-3 work samples that display editing/reporting acumen to email@example.com
Please specify what role you played and how you contributed in each work sample provided.